5 WAYS TO PRACTICE SELF CARE
Lets be honest, we don’t always make time to check in with yourselves. The constant heavy daily routine of work, family, friends, and/or lovers can make it hard to take a step back and ask yourself,
“How are you doing today?”
Here are 5 easy ways to practice Self-Care:
- H2O --Taking the time to pack water is crucial for your daily life. An easy tip to making sure you’re always staying hydrated is to fill up a bottle of water every night before going to bed. If water is not your thing, try adding slices of cucumber, mint, or your favorite berry to give it a refreshing taste! Staying hydrated makes the biggest difference to your day and your skin. ;)
- Weekly hikes for exercise! -- The gym is not for everyone. Planning a hike on your day off with friends, pets or solo is the perfect alternative to get your heart pumping.
- How is your mental state? -- It’s perfectly normal to get in a funk. When this happens, try giving yourself a break. Whether it’s going out for a walk, talking to a close friend on the phone, or writing your thoughts down, step away from the outside world for a moment. Me time is the most important thing to self care.
- Log Off. -- Going on social media to some of us comes as second nature. Finding a balance between our lives online and the real world is crucial to self care. Try putting the phone down each day for at least an hour, and find something else that interests you. Your creativity will thank you later.
- Keeping track of your accomplishments -- Big or small, setting up goals and accomplishing them is major! Marking a check on any accomplishment is important to stay motivated and continue to thrive. This can also help you track the goals you have met and what goals you still need to achieve.